Friday, January 1, 2010

What a difference a year makes

2009
2010

Last night, as we rang in the new year here at the Mills house, I was thinking about how different our lives are from today from the beginning of 2009. We spent last New Years Eve in Las Vegas and as we always do, we had a great time, visiting family and friends, shopping, and relaxing. I would say it was one of the best trips to Vegas that we've ever had.


This year was very different of course, with Kate and Ryan being here. As anyone with children will tell you, having a baby changes your world. I guess having twins changes your universe. I once heard someone say of having twins "until you've been through it, you just can't comprehend it" and I believe this totally to be true. Kate and Ryan are a pure joy to our family and I am so grateful to have them. They have changed our lives completely in just 5 weeks. It is hard to remember our lives as just Matt and I (although I believe there were actually nights of 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, of which I truly hope to return to one day). I can't imagine not having them here with us.


So as we embark on 2010, I am looking forward to the new adventures we will have, the lessons we will learn, and the moments we will experience as a family. I don't make resolutions, but I do have things that I hope for in the coming year, one of which is to make sure to stop and take in all that is happening around me. I hope to thank God first for all that He has blessed us with before I complain to Him about the challenges of life. Happy New Year indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful year! And heres to an even better 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much more authentic joy in your face, Jess, this year!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete