Sunday, September 9, 2012

ABC's

 A few weeks ago, Matt was telling me about his cousin's post on Facebook (I am not on, as you probably already know) where she said "today is brought to you by the letter P" and then talked about all of the "P" activities she had done that day with her kids (not sure if all of her activities were actually planned to go with the letter "P" or a coincidence?) So that got me thinking about Ryan and Kate, and I thought "Hey I used to be a teacher once - maybe I could teach them a letter a week?"  So naturally we began with "A" 
 We had several small activities for each day and I didn't want to bore you with ALL of our pictures, so here are a few highlights.  For each day I prepared a craft, activity, book, food, and color page.  The color page was very easy because I found an entire book of alphabet for preschoolers book at Walmart for a buck each - score!  The food was pretty easy too (at least so far) but finding crafts and activities for 2 two year olds took some adaptation on my part.  On "A" day we had animal crackers and apple sauce for snack.
 Our activity was "aerobics" which Kate and Ryan actually really enjoyed.  Here Kate is demonstrating toe touches.
 For "B" day we talked about all of the words we know that start with "B."  Of course Branson, Bella, and Bullet made the list!
 We had bagels with Nutella and cream cheese for breakfast - YUM!
 We played "balloon bop" (a game that was totally made up, but still a hit) and ate Banana Buddyfruits for snack.
 The activity for "B" was baking brownie bites
 For lunch we had burgers from Braums
 I didn't get but a couple of pictures from "C" day, although we were equally busy!  For breakfast we had cinnamon toast and craisins.  We also crafted creepy cards (yet to be seen since we're saving those for Halloween!) and went to Chapters (our local bookstore) for cookies.
Lunch was Charlie's Chicken chunks, cottage cheese, and chips.  For dinner we had chicken and cheese tacos and chips, so it was a very "C" day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment