Wednesday, August 1, 2012

oh yes we did!

 When I first started reading about all of this nasty publicity that Chick-fil-A was receiving about the owners' views, I was very unhappy.  Chick-fil-A is AWESOME!  The workers there are so kind and helpful (especially to a mama of multiples who can always use an extra hand!) and they do so many special promotions for the kids in the community.  Not to mention, I really like me some chicken nuggets (maybe a little too much!)  So when I read about Chick-fil-A appreciation day, I told Matt we were hitting the road and heading up to Joplin (which is now our "local" restaurant).
 I'm not gonna lie, at 5 o'clock, it was PACKED!  In fact, there was not 1 empty table in the restaurant.  Of course, that was a pretty cool sight to see SO many people lined up to take a stand for their beliefs!  Anticipating that this might be the case, Matt took the kids to play on the playground while I stood in line to get our food to go.  But the cool thing about it was the the 14 employees (yes, I counted) behind the counter were politely but rapidly moving it right along, so it only took us about 20 minutes to get in and out.  And everyone was still super nice, offering to hold a door or help with our drinks, and that includes both employees and other customers.  No one was cutting in line or complaining about the wait.  I was also impressed with the little old couples I saw braving the crowds!
So we jumped back in the car and headed to our next stop to eat in the parking lot (not that I love eating dinner in the car- but today I was willing to make an exception).  I am so glad we got to support something we believe in by doing something so simple as eating some yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment