Uncle Justin's 8th grade team had their first home football game last night, and boy, were we excited to go! Daddy was out of town, so I proudly took on the roll of sports fan for the babies and I. I got all of the blankets, stroller, jackets, camera, food, and drinks together and we made our way to the stadium. Of course about 3 minutes after we got there, it started to rain. And by rain, I mean COLD rain. I was not quite prepared for how cold it was. Brrrr!!!
Fortunately, the rain stopped and we were able to bundle up and enjoy most of the first half. Nana, Poppy, Aunt Jess, and Cousin Cori met us too. We all sat up by the ramp, but Poppy needed a better view of the game from the bleachers. However, I don't believe he accounted for the 3 little hecklers yelling at him about a hundred times, "Poppy!"
After a quick trip to the "concussion" stand (Cori speak for the "concession" stand) all 3 kids got to enjoy ring pops and blue tongues. Thankfully we had enough blankets to wrap up in and towels to wipe down our seats, so it wasn't too bad. So glad I don't have to work high school football tonight, as the weather hasn't shown too much improvement from yesterday. Happy Friday, everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment