Saturday, June 19, 2010

To all my favorite dads




This Father's Day is a special one for us. Of course it is Matt's 1st official Father's Day to celebrate with Kate and Ryan, which is very exciting. I know that many women say that their husband is the best father in the world, but I have to say that my husband truly is. Matt loves his kids so much that it makes me cry to see him with them. He does everything from change diapers to "fix" hair, and I am really grateful for all of his help and hard work. It brings my heart so much joy to know that Ryan and Katie will have such an awesome father in their life who will lead them in the way of their heavenly Father and His plans for their lives. I am so blessed to have my own father be a part of my children's lives and love them the same way he does me. My dad has always been there for me no matter what, speaking words of love, encouragement, and truth to me. I am blessed to know many other special dads like my mom's dad who is a wonderful grandpa to his many grandchildren and always reminded me to learn from my mistakes because "hindsight is 20/20." And my kind father-in-law who is a man of unquestioned integrity in business but also doesn't mind putting on a tiara to have tea with his grandaughters I was blessed to have known dads like our dear friend Glenn Anthony, who passed away one year ago tomorrow, who was a hero to so many, especially his family, and is dearly missed. So to all of my favorite dads - thanks for the awesome jobs that you do and the wonderful people that you are to those who look up to you!

1 comment: