What a busy day! We started out with an ultra sound this morning which went well. Kate and Ryan are gaining steadily (no surprise to the lady carrying them!) with Kate weighing in at approximately 5-5.5 lbs and Ryan weighing in between 5.5-6 lbs. Of course this is just an estimate based on measurements taken from the ultra sound. They are both head down (which is a good sign). The ultra sound tech said she had no idea how I could breath at all, as she showed us that Kate's feet/butt were up so high under my ribs that she couldn't find them with the ultra sound wand. Again, no surprise to me either!
We saw Dr K after that and he said everything looked good. So, we went and had lunch and then came back for our non-stress test at the hospital. The babies were rather cooperative and were easily monitored this time. I was showing contractions about every 2-4 minutes and although they were not painful, I could feel them this time (as opposed to in the last 2 weeks). So I got another little shot of muscle relaxer and Dr K said that I needed to not return to work. I am not on official bed rest, but the nature of being a teacher, it is almost impossible to stay off your feet and rest, so alas here we are. My long term sub said she can start on Monday (a major blessing to me, as she is a former Spanish teacher and very capable), so my "kids" will only be without a Spanish teacher for the next 2 days. It is hard for me to leave them behind and let go of control of the situation, but I know that Kate and Ryan's well being has to be my priority right now.
We would very much appreciate your prayers for us. Please pray that the contractions will remain under control, that we will be able to make it to our 36 week goal (when their lungs will be fully developed), and that the transitions at work will go smoothly. We will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad for the update Jess! I will keep you all in my prayers. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am glad they are getting so big...I want to know what you did to stay off bed rest for so long(not that you are actually in it now)...shoot me an email hartling@suddenlink.net--so I can get some pointers.
ReplyDeleteJess....So glad you and the babies are doing so well. We will continue to pray for all of you. Can't wait to see the twins. Love, Aunt Tats.
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying!!! Are ya getting excited?
ReplyDeletePraying for you!!! Love you all!
ReplyDelete