Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crafty mama and daddy


Since we have found out that we are having a girl and a boy, it seems like we have been in super baby planning mode every day. To date, we have registered at 3 stores, ordered cribs and a chair, started painting the babies' nursery, done many internet searches on bedding and other items, and planned for our showers. Probably my favorite thing though, has been crafting some of the "art" that will go in the nursery. I have enjoyed making things for other friends and family member's children, but making things for my own has been a special treat. Typically, I do all of my crafting on my own, but now being pregnant, I must stay away from things like spray paint. So now Matt has become my new crafting pal. I will say that his spray painting skills have greatly improved over the last week and I am very impressed with his work. It is a bit tough for me to give up some of my creative license, but he has been a really great sport. Not all of our projects are complete, but we have finished Kate's "K" and Ryan's "R." Stay tuned in for more crafts and excitement as we continue to get ready!

6 comments:

  1. Jess...I just love your K and R projects. I also LOVE the names you guys have picked out for the babies. Such beautiful names. Keep us up to date on everything that's happening. Love, Aunt Tats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute!!! What are the babies middle names? This is the first I've heard Kate and Ryan and I'm in love! We'll have to come and go out to dinner with you guys before the babies come!!! Hopefully soon! Love you guys and can't wait to see those babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paisley and stripes! Tooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snaps to the crafty couple! Yay! Can't wait for your shower - yippie!

    ReplyDelete