Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ode to the swine flu

Oh swine flu, how I hate you! We have tangled before, first when I was pregnant and several of my students came down with it, and then again when I had to decide if I should get the vaccine and then again if I could find some place to actually get the shot...fortunately, we made it through all of those trials. So when I was told that this year's flu shot had the H1N1 strain covered, I thought my days of tangling with swine were surely done. Well, not so much. So here is my break down of swine flu 2011 by the numbers:
10 = the number of people in our family currently taking Tamiflu
9 = the number of bottles and boxes of medication currently on my kitchen counter
8 = the number of times I've washed my hands today
7 = the number of times people have puked at our house (hopefully to remain at 7)
6 = the number of hours Ryan slept last night
5 = the number of times we've changed Kate and Ryan's clothes today
4 = the number of loads of puke laundry in the last 24 hrs
3 = number of days of work Matt has missed
2 = number of days of work I've missed
1 = number of bottles of 7 up my babies have drunk (at least its a clear liquid, right?)

1 comment: